Go down 
AuthorMessage
Demo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Maze wiki-review   Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:06 pm

This is an idea I had from the beginning but I want to get some feed-back on what people think of it before I go into it. So, basically, I want to make a forum area called, as the title suggest, "Maze Wiki-Review", which, if you don't know what wiki means, will be a section in which people who use this forum will be able to post up reviews/walk-throughs of their favorite mazes. I haven't put together all the rules/requirements for it yet, but the basic idea is that someone picks a maze they want to do it on, then plays the maze once through, beating it. They save the replay and post it up here (when we get posting replays all figured out), then take screenshots, etc. of various points-of-interest throughout the game they are reviewing.

I'm in a bit of a rush right now so I can't go into more detail, but respond to this and tell me what you think of it. I just want people to be able to come out and recognize some games that are worth really getting into.

PS: If demand for it is great enough, perhaps we could even do this for games other than mazes.

Soul
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Maze wiki-review   Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:41 pm

I like your idea...and if it DOES become popular with people outside of the clan, I would be able to get us an actual "Wiki" site. It could be MazesWiki.com or something that doesn't sound corny. Very Happy I like the idea. Anyone else have feedback?

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Maze wiki-review   Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:15 am

I like the idea BUT mazes aren't near as popular as they used to be.

Call it DotAWiki and then on the site say oops I meant maze wiki ^_^[/sarcasm]

Good idea lets get this section up. I'll do it with Maze of Frostbite, probably the only maze I'm capable of beating... The ogre part is annoying though. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demo
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Maze wiki-review   Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:05 am

I haven't given it much thought, or played it much, but I'm sure there's a good pattern on the ogre part, something that'll give you assistance on beating it. That's the kinda stuff I really wanted to focus on, just hints/tips on mazes that could help people get better at them, etc.
So, since it seems like at least a couple people like the idea I'll probably start writing up an outline of what I want tomorrow. I'm going to be cleaning my room all day so don't get too excited about it:)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maze wiki-review   

Back to top Go down

Maze wiki-review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan TDoM :: General :: Site Ideas-
Jump to: